Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anti-Mormon publisher goes bankrupt, turns to Salt Lake Tribune comments section to continue ministry

SALT LAKE CITY - Sandy Cooper has had a tough time lately. Her three cats recently died, her trailer home was impounded, and her anti-Mormon bookstore went bankrupt. Despite all of this she remains upbeat. We stopped by her Dodge Dart for a quick chat to find out what keeps her going.

"Even with all the bad stuff happening to me right now I can keep going. I can keep going because I've been saved by the Lord Jesus Christ," exclaims Sandy. "Plus I gain inspiration by seeing all my fellow citizens of Utah walking in darkness. They need salvation. They need their eyes opened to the light of Christ. I can do that."

Sandy's bookstore, called the Utah Lighthouse Ministry and Hooka Lounge, was closed because she couldn't make rent. Her plan to spread the word moving forward?
Former Utah Lighthouse Ministry and Hooka Lounge

"The Salt Lake Tribune online comments section. Praise Jesus, that thing is free and I can access it from any library in the valley. I don't know if you read the Trib, as the kids call it, but every story's comment section is full of anti-Mormon goodness. I don't care what the story is on. People talking at concerts? Check. An NBA player coming out of the closet? Check. A story about out of wedlock births? You bet. This is the perfect spot for me to continue my ministry!"

The best part for Sandy is the anonymity afforded.

"I need to come up with a good handle and avatar. Something that is totally hilarious and witty to me but makes absolutely no sense to anyone else. Regardless, this is going to be fun."

Sandy expects to be "up and running" within a week.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete